Why work with me?
I am a one stop shop – graphic designer, web developer, online business strategist, SEO expert, print designer, and I will see your project through from start to finish.
7 great reasons to work with me
- I will be your one and only point of contact
- I have over 20 years of experience with print design and websites, so I will work your project from start to finish, and if we need special subcontractor work I have the professional network to get anything done
- I have systems and processes in place to make the project run as smoothly as possible
Two: Creative Problem Solver
- I’m the person people go to after everyone else says something can’t be done, and I figure out how to get it done.
- I started my first professional graphic design job in 1996 and have experience working in house with marketing companies, publications, printers, and a university.
- I’ve been running my own business for over 10 years helping other businesses grow.
Four: Clear Communication
- My clients love how well I communicate and appreciate knowing that I am able to hear and solve their problems, as well as communicate the steps and processes of their job
Five: Honesty and Transparency
- I am upfront about all costs, timelines, and processes involved in every project
Six: Collaboration, Goals, and Research
- I collaborate with all my clients to achieve their goals. For example, with business websites, I chat with my clients until I understand their business and its history and desired goals. Then I research the industry and competition. Then I put together a strategic plan to ensure the website actually works for them and isn’t just a pretty face.
Seven: Relevancy and Reliability
- I stay up to date with current technologies, trends, compliances, and security – so you don’t have to!
Learn about my
web design process
STEP 1 – STRATEGY
When done properly, a large and time consuming part of website design is in the initial process that happens before the design even begins. I research and strategize, form a plan, then define the goals of the site. Form follows function! After approval on this stage, I move to the layout.
STEP 2 – LAYOUT, CONTENT COLLECTION, & DESIGN
I create the basic layout and structure of the site, a moodboard, and collect content.
The framework of the website is like an outline. I’ll create a sitemap of all pages and the framework for the homepage, and will then send for approval.
The moodboard is like a vision board for your website! It is a visual representation of the overall look and used to keep us all on course when we add the design to the structure. Once that’s approved, I collect content.
Content is either collected entirely from you or created by my team depending on what we have determined is best for your site. Once it’s collected, the live site will start to take shape.
STEP 3 – DEVELOPMENT
Once all previous steps are approved and completed, I’ll move forward with the designing of all pages, functionality and responsive code, making sure your site looks great and functions nicely across all devices and web browsers.
STEP 4 – REVISIONS AND EDITS
Once the site is ready for final review, you’ll be able to review each page and we can make detailed edits until the site is revised completely to your satisfaction. This is done on a site that is on the internet, but hidden from the public (a staging site), so all revisions can be taken care of before it goes live.
STEP 5 – GOING LIVE
We publish the site publicly! We’ll agree upon this date and plan a launch with graphics if desired. Once the site is ready to go live, the new site will be backed up and saved locally, should it ever need to be restored. Your website logins and all credentials will be sent to you.
Upon completion, you’ll receive a link to my “moving forward” process where you’ll receive tips and tricks on marketing your new website and also information on our Maintenance/Security Plan which is included for the first three months and I highly recommend for all my clients.